The Year of Engineering is a government campaign which celebrates the world and wonder of engineering. It also forms an important part of the UK’s Industrial Strategy which is committed to boosting engineering across the UK, ensuring everyone has the skills needed to thrive in a modern economy.
Did you know?
- The engineering profession would like 186,000 skilled recruits each year to 2024?
- There is a 20,000 annual shortfall of engineering graduates?
- Only 1/3 of parents know what people in engineering do?
- The current engineering workforce is 94% white and 92% male?
- Almost half of engineering companies say a shortage of skilled people is significantly reducing productivity and growth
That’s why at CNC we are supporting the Year of the Engineer campaign by way of our Training Room initiative. To find out more about Training Room click here: https://www.cnc.uk.com/training-room/
To find out more about the Year of Engineering visit www.yearofengineering.gov.uk